Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Review: The Survivor by Gregg Hurwitz

Book on CD 11 discs

I didn't know for sure how the story would end but I had an idea.  The hero was a sad character who in the midst of a suicide saves the day in a bank robbery.  From there he and his family become the target of Ukrainian mobsters.  It is a detailed story though sometimes not plausible still holds your interest when you suspend disbelief and just enjoy the storytelling.  I found myself addicted enough to the  story to binge on it by spending a whole day popping in another CD until it was finished.  It became as stressful as watching a season of 24 and to me that is a great compliment to the level of anticipation and suspense throughout.  I am actually getting a little stressed thinking about the story again.  It had every level of emotion you could find in a story making it well worth the read or listen.

Nice Job Mr. Hurwitz

***** 5 stars


No comments: