Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bradford Dillman - R.I.P. 1930-2018

Bradford Dillman - Actor

The Day of the Comet - The Big Valley

I remember him in so many parts over the years that I didn't realize his early years were so productive.   Dillman played a great part as Mercer in this struggle for survival as a disgraced Officer from the Civil War who is being hunted down by some of his former company that blames him for their losses.

He is a great actor with a with a place in movies and TV that always had him in trouble, at risk, and appearing unstable or untrustworthy.  He played those parts well thanks to a voice, a look, and mannerisms that fit those characters.

Somehow to me he also seemed like a man who could smile and had an intelligence to enjoy his life.  I hope it was so.







No comments: