Friday, December 7, 2018

Antoinette Bower - Actress

IMDB

The Case of the Bluffing Blast - Perry Mason

Bower plays the character Linda Blake in this episode and is charged with murder.

I've seen her in many TV shows and in some movies over the decades.  She has a distinctive voice and accent that helps her appear very sophisticated and intense and serious.

It is nice to know she's still working.


Probe 7 - Over and Out -The Twilight Zone    This episode is from 1963.

It's February 23nd, 2019 and I'm watching METV at 12:30am.  It's a great way to find surprises and in this one that I have seen multiple times it's the first time I recognized Antoinette Bower playing the part of the other stranded traveler on a planet where only one other inhabitant by chance is another space castaway played by Richard Basehart.  How will it end.  I can't remember but if I were to be stranded on a distant planet I think it would have been nice to find her there.  As the episode ends they share the forbidden fruit from the tree or that is the symbolism I think they included. 

At least the show ended in hope and some dream of happiness rather than loneliness and desolation.

The thing that makes you smile is to imagine that the odds of two humanoids from different planets somehow end up running into each other.  Even on our planet the diversity of life has many differences visible from geographic region to another so there is almost no chance of similarity of being from different planets.  This is the fun of imagination and make believe as found in film and theatre. 






No comments: