Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Review: The Whole Town's Talking

By Fannie Flagg

Playaway Audio Book  - 12 Hours

I probably wouldn't  have read this book had it not been an audio-book.  It just didn't seem like my kind of story.  Thankfully, there were limited choices that day so I picked this one up along with another since I was planning a long driving trip.   This turned out to be a wonderful and entertaining story with a great concept behind it, life after death plus talking.  It is a story about a small town and the people that lived and died there.  It is superbly written and the choice of a narrator is ideal.

After finishing this book on my long drive from the Carolina Coast and then into West Virginia I found myself enthralled by day to day goings on in the town of Elmwood Springs in Missouri and the cemetery known as Still Meadows.

I am now a Fanny Flagg Fan for life.

Narrated by Kimberly Farr - great voice

Five Stars
*****

No comments: