Tuesday, February 14, 2017

In Memoriam: Barbara Hale Passes Away at 94 - a Class Act

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/barbara-hale-dead-perry-mason-secretary-della-street-1201971817/

Some things in this world matter to each of us.  Over the past few years I began to watch Perry Mason reruns and remember why I appreciated Barbara Hale as a smart, competent, sometimes daring,  and always beautiful legal secretary.  Paul Drake would back me up on that.   I checked online back then to see if Barbara was still alive and yes, she was and somehow that provided some continuity to a time when life in the USA as observably kinder, friendlier, and more civilized despite the weekly murders that appeared on the Perry Mason Show.

I found a youtube video of her at a celebrity signing show and she was still happy and and still held a twinkle in her eyes.

So, I've been waiting for the sad news that I knew must come and it did and sadly I never met her but can still see Della Street five days a week in reruns on METV.    She was a class act.


  



No comments: