Saturday, October 1, 2016

Book Review: Leonard by William Shatner with David Fisher

I listened to this book on CD over the course of a few days.  If you are a Star Trek fan as I am then it is a mandatory book to read or listen to.  Since it is narrated by William Shatner I suggest going for the CD version and enjoy his great voice and personal approach in describing his friendship with Leonard Nimoy, the actor who played Spock on the original TV series Star Trek.

Browsing through the library audio books section I recognized the names and photos immediately and my interest was piqued.  I borrowed it and proceeded to enjoy listening to the background of the TV series along with the beginning careers of both Nimoy and Shatner.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was saddened at the end to learn that Nimoy suffered from COPD and also had stopped communication with Shatner.  Such things happen among friends when one suffers a debilitating disease and possibly loses clarity or has psychological challenges as a result of an illness.  I have seen it among my own friends and family.  Despite that cautionary note of sadness I'll say that anything you can learn about the amazing actors and the classic series is a positive experience.  Read it or listen to it, but no matter what you'll enjoy it.  Thanks to William Shatner for writing this book and sharing these stories.

***** 5 stars - Highly Recommend - Especially if you are a Star Trek Fan.


Leonard


No comments: